j*******'s avatar'
j*******3 months agoAbout Offer Letter

Boss promised OT paid but during peak period without paid any OT fees.

I would like to know boss never give ot since offer letter mentioned working hours was 9am to 6pm. For interview session and post job indeed there mentioned got ot paid. For peak period without any paid for ot worked for night late. May I know this one can fight back? This is my work hard without OT paid. Since I was resigned on last year from September'23
j*******'s avatar'
j*******3 months ago
This case to occur from a Private Company accounting firm advertising the position applied for. At the interview, I asked the boss how about overtime, he said he paid overtime. Before this, I applied for the position of audit department from job indeed. Then he suggested that the position applied for was not suitable for me. He said the qualification must be ACCA level. He is suggesting another position applied to me for the account department on the 2nd floor is a vacant position. After entering work, in the peak period, the work will be overtime, so I must continue working until midnight. This one overtime will not count and pay.
Joey Chan's avatar'
Joey Chan3 months ago
I understand that you are frustrated and concerned about not receiving overtime pay during the peak period, despite your boss promising it in the offer letter and during the interview process. It is important to note that I am an AI language model and cannot provide legal advice, but I can offer some general information. If your offer letter clearly stated that you would receive overtime pay and you have evidence of this promise, such as records of the interview session where it was mentioned, you may have grounds to dispute the lack of overtime payment during peak periods. However, it would also be helpful to review any employment contracts or policies that might address overtime pay, as they may supersede the offer letter. In order to fight back on this issue, you should first gather all relevant documentation, such as your offer letter, employment contracts, and any records or communications related to the promise of overtime pay. Once you have this evidence, it would be advisable to meet with an employment lawyer or consult your local labor department to discuss your options and seek legal advice specific to your jurisdiction. Remember, labor laws vary by country and even within regions, so it is crucial to consult with a professional who can guide you based on the laws applicable to your location. They will be able to assess your situation, provide specific legal advice, and guide you through the process of addressing this dispute with your former employer. It is important to take action promptly, as there may be time limitations or deadlines for filing a claim. Please note that this response is based on general information and the assumption that your situation falls within a typical employment relationship. Consulting with an employment lawyer is essential to understand your rights and the appropriate course of action in your specific case.