Cayden Huang's avatar'
Cayden Huang3 months agoConflict with Boss

Seeking career advice & potential job referrals at the age of 31

Hello everyone, I'm seeking career advice at the age of 31. Any insights or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Currently, I serve as a Project Manager (Bao ka liao/ Right-hand man to the director) in a sales consulting company. Some contexts: 1. Regularly exceeding 90 working hours per week 2. Maintained a continuous 3 week work-streak without a single rest day 3. Not availed a single day of AL for 500 consecutive days. 4. No Annual Bonus 5. No Commission 6. No Increment 7. Experienced verbal disrespect 8. Company claims, the longest wait time is 3 months. 9.Consistently faced unwarranted blame for work-related issues 10. Received a disrespectful message concerning a personal family matter 11. Granted approved AL but compelled to work despite having a coordinator available to assist with my responsibilities 12. Regularly confronted about salary disparities compared to colleagues, despite the sales team not generating revenue You might be wondering why I'm here in the first place. I got laid off due to COVID. In that tough time, I happened to talk to the director and got offered a job right away. Trying to get through the pandemic, I decided to take the chance. One reason I'm still sticking around is that I don't want to be the type who backs away from life's challenges, despite with the culture and treatment here. So, I always try to see the positive side during the ups and downs of this career path. Lately, it's been taking a toll on my mental health. Even during my sleep, I find myself getting emotionally frustrated and venting about work-related issues. That's why I'm reaching out for support, seeking help from closed groups like this one. I'm currently actively seeking new opportunities and would be more than happy to share my resume if there's a relevant role for professional growth. My best email is [email protected] Cheers!
Jerry Ng's avatar'
Jerry Ng3 months ago
Hello! I'm sorry to hear about your challenging work situation. It sounds like you've been experiencing a lot of stress and dissatisfaction in your current role. It's understandable that you're seeking career advice and considering new opportunities. Taking into account your experience as a Project Manager and your desire for professional growth, I have a few suggestions for you.