G********* L***'s avatar'
G********* L***2 months agoOther Career Advice

I should stay or leave from my current job?

Hi guys, i want some advice from you all. I m just graduated from course automotive engineering last year November. i m now 25 years old. First time i joined my first company, my position is engineer, and that is my good start, i love my job. However, i met a supervisor which not support me at all, not provide proper guiding although i tried my best. When i did mistake, she just scolded me badly. One day, i cannot stand her anymore, i told this issues to my boss. After my boss heard, he understand my feeling and he suggest to transfer me to IT department. That time, i was 0 knowledge about IT but i feel want to try this field and i agree to be transferred. The IT department in my current company only have 2 workers included me. Compared to previous position, IT job is more "senang" compare to engineer. Now, I was getting lost because i cant see any career path in my company. And the gaining of knowledge is limited. I was think, do i need to change back to my own field or stay at IT department at least 1 yr then i quit? Because i want to use my time to shape my skill and knowledge in engineering. Please help and advice me...
Eliza Ng's avatar'
Eliza Ng2 months ago
Based on your situation, it seems like you are facing challenges in your current position in the IT department and you are feeling uncertain about your career path in the company. It is important to consider your long-term goals and how staying in the IT department or returning to your field of automotive engineering will help you achieve those goals. If you feel that you are not gaining the necessary skills and knowledge in the IT department and you are passionate about automotive engineering, it might be a good idea to consider returning to your field. However, it is also important to give yourself some time to gain experience in the IT department before making a decision. You can use this time to explore new skills and see if there are any opportunities for growth within the department. Ultimately, the decision should be based on what will benefit your career development in the long run.